Sash Windows Replacement & Upgrade Specialists
Traditional sash windows are prone to degradation and deterioration over time. Symptoms of deterioration can include:
- Rattling from warped wood frames
- Mould formation from moisture in cracks
- Jamming and sticking of sashes
- Draughts from loose panes and frames (see Draught-Proofing Sash Windows)
- Flaking paint & unkempt appearance
Why would I replace rather than restore my existing sash windows?
- Improve heat retention and reduce draughts
- Attain a new style
- Add value to your home
- Upgrade to the latest in window technology and security
What happens next?
We address individual problems you may be having with your windows AND/OR carry out a full sash windows restoration service on-site involving:
- The removal of existing sashes from box frame
- Carrying out checks on weights
- Cleaning the glass to professional standards
- Refitting sashes with new long-lasting nylon cords
- Re-balancing sash window in the box frame
- Planing of meeting rails if necessary
- Fitting new parting and staff beads
- Fitting new 8.5mm brush pile draught excluders
- Removing all old window furniture and replacing with brand new furniture (this includes ‘D’ handles, sash lifts, catch, 2x duel position key-operated security locks)
- Repainting service as an additional extra (see below)
Repainting Sash Windows
In order to correctly repaint sash windows, they must be fully dismantled to access the hard-to-reach areas. Draught-proofing offers the ideal opportunity to repaint and finish the sash windows to their former glory. In addition to the full service outlined above we:
- Burn off inner liner of sash window box & sill
- Burn off all paint to sashes (with the exception of the delicate mouldings around glass
- Mouldings around glass are rubbed down in preparation for paintwork
- Sand down internal box frame architrave and nosing
- Repair, fill and sand down any exposed areas
- Repaint all with three coats of M.V.P (micro-porous) acrylic white paint
- Completely reseal external box frame
- Remove any paint on glass up to existing putty lines and replace any loose or missing putty
By the time we finish the job, a minimum of 95% of the draught will be eradicated and you will be able to open your sash windows with ease and without any rattles. This cost-effective work will not require any major structural work to be carried out. The supplied security locks are insurance-approved & child safe.
Testimonials & Reviews
We strive to offer the very best in quality of service and workmanship. In doing so we have received many positive comments (check out some of our testimonials) and a high customer score on Check-a-Trade, an industry-leading independent review site!
Complete the “Request a Quote” form (top left) or call us on 08003897384 to find out about sash window restoration prices and to discuss how we can help you achieve the perfect look for your home.